AICS is a newly formed organization incubating applied AI services that can leverage ASUS’ large portfolio of hardware expertise to unlock a new generation of smart products and services. The team is building and deploying deep technologies in Data Analytics, Speech Recognition, Natural Language Understanding, and Computer Vision to help accelerate the transformation towards an AI-powered future. Our strategic focus spans across smart retail solutions to new transportation and digital health services.
As the team Senior Director of Operations, you will work closely with the CTO to set goals for each product team and create an environment of shipping great products while centering our development around solving our customer’s needs. You will work across a portfolio of products and technologies in different industries such as Retail, Healthcare, Transportation and Security, and work with leadership teams to identify priorities, risks and pathways to growth in each market we plan to operate in. This includes building a culture with ‘shipping’ mindset, with world class engineering and product development, and quick execution.
- Working closely with CTO to set comprehensive goals for performance and growth for team. Track and monitor performance. Monitor budgets and review monthly milestones and quarterly OKRs.
- Oversee daily operations of team including engineering, product, business development and marketing. Set the work cadence – creating a world-class engineering and product team that ships high quality products on time.
- Help build culture of being customer-first, startup mentality, and the Core AICS principles.
- Work with individual teams to identify appropriate KPIs for measuring performance.
- Work with CTO and leadership team to identify and manage short-term and long-term goals.
- Prepare high-quality PPTs for internal and external executive audiences, including executive briefings and reports.
- Mentor senior leadership team members.
- Ability to wear multiple hats.
- Track record of managing complex teams and products in new markets.
- Ability to lead teams while navigating ambiguity.
- Competency in strategic planning and building large multi-functional teams.
- Working knowledge of AI/ML technologies and applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter.