MXI is a US-based software development consultancy focused on enabling traditional industries with technology since 2003 with a global workforce of over 300. We offer a wide range of software development and staffing services to clients of all sizes. Current and past clients include early-stage startups all the way to fortune 500 companies like Microsoft.
Our client, a high potential and fast growing early stage start-up in HK is currently looking for a full stack software developer to take part in the design and development of AI technologies that will transform the industry.
Message from our client:
We believe that imagination can take us everywhere, and also believe in “Building Imagination into Reality”. Therefore, we devote ourselves to building easy to use tools for visualising one’s ideas by leveraging cutting edge AI technologies.
To reach this goal, we need passionate people that possess a degree of creativity and want to impact the projects and the organizations they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional Full Stack Software Developer to join our world-class cross-functional team.
As a Full Stack Software Developer, you will be responsible for working along-side a team of Mobile and Front-end engineers to develop product features on the frontend and backend/server-side.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software against aggressive schedules
- Development of APIs services for mobile and web (Backend)
- Management of AWS or similar cloud-based backend infrastructures (Backend)
- Performance testing, capacity planning and scalability engineering (Backend)
- Designing, building, testing and deploying web applications and/or prototypes following best practice (Frontend)
- Collaborate with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototypes and evaluate technical feasibility (Frontend)
It is a must that a successful candidate would possess a high degree of adaptability and a strong ability to maintain effective communications with other team members. You are who we are looking for if you are:
- a good problem solver, someone who looks beyond bare requirements to try and understand the underlying business purpose
- a good communicator, able to work both independently and with the team as necessary
- a team player. not afraid to share ideas and opinions, but also able to stay on script and execute within a defined plan
- pragmatic, get-things-done approach
- self-motivated, enjoy programming, carry strong work ethic, ability to get things done without hand-holding or micromanagement
- experienced in Fullstack/Front/Backend Development
- interested/experienced in GAN or NLP
Qualifications Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
Qualifications we care that:
- 3+ years of experiences
- You are excited when faced with a task you don’t know how to accomplish. You mind races with potential solutions, and their respective pros and cons.
- You have built at least 1 (one) software project with ACTUAL users before. It doesn’t have to be running now but at some point, it must have had actual users besides your and family members.
- You want to learn how to build software following modern best practices (automated continuous integration and deployment, microservices, serverless etc), and are interested in applying those skills hands-on.
- You’re data-driven and/or are comfortable with basic statistical principles and applying them to datasets.
- You are comfortable working in team, or on your own, and not afraid to be honest when you don’t know something ( We encourage saying “I don’t know, but I’ll figure it out!”).
- We don’t care :
- If you don’t have a degree
- If you are only interested in frontend or backend, we will still take you
- What dev environment you run (but be familiar with *Nix commands please!)
- What languages you currently code in (but be familiar with ES6 please!)
- NodeJS (Apollo Server & ExpressJS) ● Python
- React/React Native/Apollo Client
- Jest Test
- Cloud API service including: Alicloud/Azure/Huawei Cloud/AWS
- Deployment services including: AWS Amplify, AWS Fargate, RDS
- Docker Swarm/Nginx
Minimum Education Level:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
Nice to Haves:
- You have taught yourself a programming language before
- You comment your code (at least minimally)*
- You’ve written a test for your software projects before*
- You use the Javadoc spec when commenting your beautifully-written JS code*
- You’ve built applications that can handle > 1000s req/s without breaking a sweat*