Scope of Position: We are offering a unique job opportunity to conduct cutting-edge research in an exciting field of Artificial Intelligence (AI). This job provides a wide range of opportunities to invent and bring to fruition new life-changing technologies with Machine Learning/Deep Learning (ML/DL) capability.
The successful candidate will
• Work from the Corning Research Center Taiwan located inside ITRI (Industrial Technology Research Institute) in Hsinchu and closely interact with other Corning R&D teams around the globe,
• Work with global multifunctional teams to advance Corning’s Smart Manufacturing strategy with the state-of-the-art technologies (e.g. Machine/Deep Learning),
• Provide technical leadership for research projects and activities focusing on ML/DL to support Corning RD&E,
• Guide efforts for developing novel numerical models for Corning manufacturing systems of different Corning businesses,
• Play a leading role in creation of relevant IP to protect key inventions related to novel solutions.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Propose and lead research projects/activities involving ML/DL evaluation and customization/optimization for different applications across Corning businesses; be responsible to understand problems from the customer's point of view and translate into data analytics solution and work plans,
• Collaborate with internal customers across Corning organizations, design and perform model validation and testing, communicate technical analysis and results to internal customers,
• Lead the delivery of basic and advanced ML/DL courses in the organization and provide technical consultancy to wide spectrum of users/groups within the company,
• Establish and maintain external linkage with academic and industry partners to stay abreast in data driven technology for value-added deployment across Corning businesses,
• Share and contribute Corning’s data analytics community of practice in developing the capabilities and promoting areas of applications,
• 10-15% global travel is expected.
語文條件：英文 -- 聽 /精通、說 /精通、讀 /精通、寫 /精通
Required Education and Experience:
• Master's Degree, with Ph.D. preferred, in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related discipline of ML/DL,
• 1+ years of relevant experience in ML/DL algorithm design and modeling OR
• Established track record of technical achievements in ML/DL, as evidenced by publication in high-impact peer-reviewed media and patents.
• Expert use of one or more ML/DL libraries like Tensor Flow, Keras, CNTK, Theano, SciKit-learn, Torch, etc.,
• Strong background in ML/DL techniques (e.g. classification, various neural networks) and programming in Python,
• Experience in image recognition/computer vision, and corresponding image processing for data preparation,
• Experience in compiling and running code on high-performance computers,
• Strong mathematical and programming skills for independently preparing data (ETL functions of cleaning, consolidating, transforming data) for ML/DL purposes,
• Experience of using one or more Data Analytical tools including, but not limited to: JMP, MATLAB, R, Minitab, SAS,
• Ability to bridge gaps between “domain” language (engineering, science) and “computing solution” language, including communicating and understanding the complex requirements from professional staffs during the solution development and deployment,
• Outstanding English written, and verbal communication skills are required to facilitate direct interaction with Corning global multifunctional teams.
• Good command of Big Data systems and data engineering knowledge including NoSQL, Hive/Spark/MapReduce/Athena, etc.,
• Proficiency in Statistical Methods including DOE, Hypothesis Testing, Inferential Statistics, ANOVA, Multivariate Analysis, Linear and Non-linear models and Regression Analysis,
• Knowledge and understanding in Smart Manufacturing and physics-based modeling skills.
• Scientific curiosity, ability and desire to learn new areas,
• Established Project Leadership skills,
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated,
• Ability to work with multiple teams across organizational and regional boundaries,
• Excellent planning and time management skills; ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects,
7. 周休二日 (需配合輪班者，時間另定)
其他：Please attach personal English resume.